Dave Filoni Becomes Lucasfilm CCO: ‘I Need To Be a Help Across the Galaxy Here’

Forum 5 months ago

Dave Filoni Becomes Lucasfilm CCO: ‘I Need To Be a Help Across the Galaxy Here’

After working on projects in the Star Wars franchise for almost 20 years as well as working alongside George Lucas, Dave Filoni has been promoted to a major new position at Lucasfilm.

The information comes from a Vanity Fair interview with Filoni, who gave further details about what this new role as Chief Creative Officer entails.

“Now I’m what’s called chief creative officer of Lucasfilm,” Filoni stated. “In the past, in a lot of projects I would be brought into it, I would see it after it had already developed a good ways … In this new role, it’s opened up to basically everything that’s going on. When we’re planning the future of what we’re doing now, I’m involved at the inception phase.

“I’m not telling people what to do, but I do feel I’m trying to help them tell the best story that they want to tell. I need to be a help across the galaxy here, like a part of a Jedi Council almost … Literally, hours now of Star Wars storytelling I have done. See … I even phrased that like Yoda.”

The interview notes that Dave Filoni will now be working more closely with Lucasfilm president Kathleen Kennedy and producer Carrie Beck as they craft the future of the Star Wars franchise and its various projects.

What Star Wars projects are releasing in the future?

Quite a few Star Wars projects are set to release in the future, including the Disney+ series The Acolyte and Skeleton Crew. The first season of Ahsoka finished airing earlier this year after releasing weekly on the streaming platform, while the video game Star Wars Outlaws is currently set to release some time in 2024.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
I’m Not Fighting With My Successor Like Other Ex-Governors – Dave Umahi
Forum | 5 days ago

I’m Not Fighting With My Successor Like Other Ex-Governors – Dave Umahi

Governor Ododo Didn’t Help Yahaya Bello Escape EFCC Arrest — Commissioner, Fanwo
Forum | 6 days ago

Governor Ododo Didn’t Help Yahaya Bello Escape EFCC Arrest — Commissioner, Fanwo

My Spy: The Eternal City Photo Sets Release Date for Dave Bautista Sequel
Forum | 1 week ago

My Spy: The Eternal City Photo Sets Release Date for Dave Bautista Sequel

Lagos Govt Seek Help In Identifying Woman Assaulting Baby In Viral Video
Forum | 1 week ago

Lagos Govt Seek Help In Identifying Woman Assaulting Baby In Viral Video