AFCON: Peseiro defends tactical approach to game

Forum 3 months ago

AFCON: Peseiro defends tactical approach to game

Super Eagles head coach, Jose Peseiro says he opted for the right tactics at the ongoing 2023 Africa Cup of Nations.

Peseiro has been criticised by some pundits and fans for adopting a 3-4-3 formation in Nigeria’s last two games against Cote d’Ivoire and Guinea-Bissau.

The formation which many believed is too defensive has affected the Super Eagles’ flair.

The West Africans have scored three goals in the competition, with only two from open play.

Peseiro has however defended his tactical approach claiming it is the best way his side can play for now.

“I have the obligation to do what is right for my team, pick the best formation and how best we can win games,” he told reporters.

“The most important thing is for my players to believe in our strategy. They believe in what we are doing and have done well so far.

“If you remember at the last AFCON, Senegal didn’t score too many goals in the group stage.

“We are not scoring too many goals but we are winning. I prefer to continue like this and reach the final.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
N80.2bn Fraud: Kogi Assembly Defends Yahaya Bello, Asks EFCC to Obey Court Order
Forum | 2 days ago

N80.2bn Fraud: Kogi Assembly Defends Yahaya Bello, Asks EFCC to Obey Court Order

LaKeith Stanfield to Star in Video Game Adaptation El Paso, Elsewhere
Forum | 4 days ago

LaKeith Stanfield to Star in Video Game Adaptation El Paso, Elsewhere

Uche Ogbodo Defends Adanma Luke
Forum | 5 days ago

Uche Ogbodo Defends Adanma Luke

Naira Will Continue To Appreciate Against US Dollar, Tinubu Knows The Game – Shettima
Forum | 5 days ago

Naira Will Continue To Appreciate Against US Dollar, Tinubu Knows The Game – Shettima