Terrorists Strike In Sokoto, Abduct 15 Tsangaya Students

Forum 1 month ago

Terrorists Strike In Sokoto, Abduct 15 Tsangaya Students

Bandits have reportedly abducted at least 15 Tsangaya students in the Gidan Bakuso area of Gada Local Government Area in Sokoto State.

The incident, according to findings by our correspondent, took place about 1am on Saturday at the school premises.

Confirming the incident, the proprietor of the school, Liman Abubakar, said, “So far, 15 students were unaccounted for, but we are still counting”

“They invaded the town around 1am, shot one person and abducted a woman in the process.

“As they were leaving the town, they sighted our students rushing into their rooms and they kidnapped many of them.

“We have so far counted 15 who are missing and we are still searching for more.”

Abubakar added that this was not the first time the village was attacked by bandits but had never kidnapped any of their students until now.

Also speaking, Mansur Ahmadu, a resident of the affected community, said the bandits invaded the community in the middle of the night.

“It was a serious situation when the incident happened, they killed a woman in the process before they abduct those students,” he said.

Also confirming the incident, a member, representing Gada-East constituency at the state House of Assembly, Kabiru Dauda, said he received a call from the village around 2am that they were invaded by bandits.

“I reached out to the local government authorities and security agencies and I am sure they are doing something about it,” he said.

When contacted, the spokesman for the Sokoto State Police Command, ASP Ahmad Rufa’i, said the command has deployed team to ascertain the real situation.

He said, “Most of your colleagues has been calling me on this but honestly I just spoke with the Divisional Police Officer of the affected community.

“We have mobilised our men to ascertain what actually happened, I can assure you that we are on top of the situation. I will brief you on it” he added.

Efforts to speak with the state governor’s Special Adviser on Security Matters, Col Ahmed Usman (retd.), was not successful as his line was not reachable as of the time of filling this report.

A top government official who spoke on condition of anonymity however confirmed the attack while assuring all that the government will do everything possible in ensuring the safety returns of the abducted students.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Commotion As Bandits Strike Again, Kill Four, Abduct Six In Zamfara
Forum | 22 hours ago

Commotion As Bandits Strike Again, Kill Four, Abduct Six In Zamfara

Two Officers And Four Soldiers Confirmed Killed by Terrorists in Niger State
Forum | 3 days ago

Two Officers And Four Soldiers Confirmed Killed by Terrorists in Niger State

NSUK notice on students biometric enrollment and image capture
Forum | 5 days ago

NSUK notice on students biometric enrollment and image capture

MAPOLY notice to Pharmaceutical Tech. students on misinformation regarding suspended Lectures
Forum | 5 days ago

MAPOLY notice to Pharmaceutical Tech. students on misinformation regarding suspended Lectures