Social media abuse don’t bother me – Iwobi

Forum 1 month ago

Social media abuse don’t bother me – Iwobi

Fulham midfielder, Alex Iwobi claimed he is not bothered by criticisms that trailed his performance for Nigeria at the 2023 Africa Cup of Nations in Cote d’Ivoire.

Iwobi was widely criticised by the majority of Nigerian supporters for his display at the competition.

The versatile midfielder was a subject of cyberbullying after Nigeria’s 2-1 final defeat to the Elephants of Cote d’Ivoire.

There were reports the former Arsenal player was considering quitting international football following the incident.

Iwobi has however come out to address the situation stating that he is not moved by social media critics.

“The whole competition I didn’t see it. I remember in a press conference they said, ‘Where is the creativity?’ and I had to address the role I was given and I said I am the kind of guy who will listen to my coach and try to do the job I’m told to do,”he said in his project 17 podcast.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
The Social Network 2: Aaron Sorkin Writing Quasi-Sequel About Insurrection
Forum | 22 hours ago

The Social Network 2: Aaron Sorkin Writing Quasi-Sequel About Insurrection

Ghanaian Media Personality, Serwaa Amihere Reacts To Her Leaked S3x Tape
Forum | 1 day ago

Ghanaian Media Personality, Serwaa Amihere Reacts To Her Leaked S3x Tape

Don’t Give Admission to Candidates Less Than 18 Years – FG Warns Tertiary Institutions
Forum | 4 days ago

Don’t Give Admission to Candidates Less Than 18 Years – FG Warns Tertiary Institutions

Don’t Stop EFCC From Performing Its Duty - AGF Warns Politicians
Forum | 6 days ago

Don’t Stop EFCC From Performing Its Duty - AGF Warns Politicians